meeting: bundle deployment to non-platforms

Jay Shaughnessy jshaughn at redhat.com
Fri May 27 13:31:30 UTC 2011

Sorry, I missed participating. A couple of comments:

* I'm not sure I like the idea of mixing type knowledge (from the plugin
descriptor) with recipes.   It just seems like it may open a can of
worms with respect to upgrades.  And possibly may limit the ability to
develop other bundle handlers (not that that was really on the horizon,
though).  Waiting to see what Mazz's design doc revisions come up with
here...

* Originally bundles were designed to lay down complete servers (app
server with apps already in place, etc).   The latest proposal moves
toward smaller, one-off  deployments.  We may need to work out the
semantics around when one bundle's deployment dir is a subdir of another
bundle's deployment dir.  For example, bundle-1 is an app-server and
bundle-2 is a web-app.  And then bundle-1 gets reverted...

* Question - where is the deployment meta-data kept?  It can't be stored
under the deploy directory, right?