What the UnInventory does?

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Fri May 20 07:37:52 UTC 2011

Hi,

Am 20.05.2011 um 09:05 schrieb Lin Gao:

>  I noticed there is an 'Uninventory' button at the bottom of the UI of
> Inventory tab, Child Resources sub-tab.
>
>   What this button is used for?

It removes a resource from the inventory.

>   What is difference between the 'Delete' button?

This deletes the underlying "real" resource. E.g. deleting a .war file
would delete it on disk.
Delete includes uninventory.

>   If a resource is Uninventory, how to make the resource back?

Depends:
- if it is a top level server resource or platform, you need to go to
the auto discovery queue and import it from there
- otherwise just wait (this can be speeded up by running a "manual discovery" operation
on the platform.

If a resource can not be autodiscovered, you need to manually add/import it again.

  Heiko