Alternate plugin handling

smillidge at c2b2.co.uk smillidge at c2b2.co.uk
Tue May 10 19:48:13 UTC 2011

Cool great minds think alike ;-)

I must take a look at that branch.

This would be a killer feature for a general Java monitoring and management tool. No more days of tedium mapping MBean properties to xml descriptors.

It would also enable more sophisticated custom plugins to be developed that can autodiscover metrics in a much richer way.

+1 from me for this in RHQ 5 ;-)

The next thing to do is convince the JBoss 7 team to use RHQ as the admin server and the rhq agent as the node manager and I'll be very happy! Instead of reinventing the wheel ;-)