Auditing (was Re: usage of InventoryStatus.DELETED )

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Tue Mar 15 13:21:30 UTC 2011

Am 15.03.2011 um 14:16 schrieb John Sanda:
>> The Log event (and thus the table) format would (at least) contain:
>>
>> - timestamp
>> - user triggering the event (string)
>> - subsystem sending the event
>> - subsystem specific data (e.g. resource id)
>> - message describing the event
> Or for a data store we could use a column-oriented database that does
> not require us to explicitly define a strict schema upfront. This would
> make it easier to support different type of events.

Of course. Good to mention it.

I think we should a DB table implementation as a default and a way to plug
in other data stores, so that the default install has something out of the box,
but for larger use cases alternatives, like you described, can be used.
This plugable backend strategy could be re-used in other parts of the
system as well (think call time, metrics or events ).

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Otto-Hahn-Strasse 20, 85609 Dornach bei München
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München HRB 153243