Groups and Resource Activity page Portletification for RHQ4

Simeon Pinder spinder at redhat.com
Fri Mar 11 14:53:54 UTC 2011

Hi all,

  Looking for some feedback on the Portletification of the Activity pages for Groups and Resources.

Portletification description with screen shots:
http://www.rhq-project.org/display/RHQ/Groups+and+Resource+Activity+Portletification

See the [New RHQ Groups Summary/Activity pages.. thoughts?] thread in the devel list for more details about what's driving these enhancements https://fedorahosted.org/pipermail/rhq-devel/2011-February/thread.html

These changes are in master and visible in the [Resource|Group]>Summary>Activity2 pages.  Take them for a spin.

Making the Activity regions into portlets makes a lot of sense, but specifically for those regions backed by Criteria queries the number of customizations possible needs some focus.  For the most part we'd like to provide ways to visually customize most of the query details exposed by the Criteria, but:
a)some make more sense than others
b)given the time remaining before release it would be good to get feedback on which filters for the criteria I should focus on:
AlertCriteria
OperationsCriteria
BundleCriteria

Looking forward to your feedback.