Disambiguation changes for RHQ4

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Tue Mar 8 16:32:12 UTC 2011

"NOTE: platform resources have no parent and therefore have a null
ancestry."

one thing that struck me after reading that - I wonder if we can use
this in the future when we start doing more with virtual
machines/images/cloud?

I don't know how, but, it seems like a platform's ancestry could
eventually point to a cloud identifier or a "host platform" (where the
"host" platform is hosting the virtual platform)

Just throwing that out there. Its nothing more than a stream of
consciousness. :)