Disambiguation changes for RHQ4

Charles Crouch ccrouch at redhat.com
Mon Mar 7 16:49:19 UTC 2011

Looks good. Some thoughts/questions...

1)So an example value in a resource_ancestry column for a Datasource resource could be?:

10100_:_10101_:_JBoss EAP_::_10010_:_10011_:_mylaptop.test.com

2) Plugins can't change existing resource names after resource creation right, even after an upgrade? So that shouldn't be a problem

3) I know it will be take some crazy set of circumstances to hit the 4k limit, but can we make sure that if we do hit the limit, that we just stop writing at the highest complete ancestry level, and don't end up with "....10100_:_101"

4) Will this new approach make any changes from RHQ3 in how the displayed resource's names actually look? IIRC the displayed resource names change right now based on what other resources are in the list, we basically do just enough to ensure uniqueness? i.e. we don't show the full resource hierarchy for every resource in every list view. Will this remain the same?

Thanks very much
Charles