GWT config editor question

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Thu Jun 9 15:27:11 UTC 2011

we should have one SLSB method in ConfigurationManagerBean - you give it
a "dynamic property expression" and it returns the data. the
configuration editor GWT code would call that method when it sees that
it needs to render something with dynamic data from the server.

We could even have it support different kinds of expressions. Some that
return a list of menu items (a list of strings), some that return a
single simple property value (a string). Some would query for user
names, some would query for a specific resource's connection properties.

BTW, this kind of thing adds a level of complexity since this now means
we have to do authz checks.