REST Api (was Re: Custom UI? )

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Mon Jun 6 11:34:19 UTC 2011

Michael,

Am 06.06.2011 um 13:17 schrieb Michael Foley:

> Is  this feature targetted for JON 3.0?

No that I am aware of.
It is also afaik not even in any RHQ roadmap.

> If so, I'd like to advocate for having the automated tests developed for this API as part of the feature.  Please consider including automated tests as part of

It is of course always good to have unit tests and other tests - the question here is, at what level the tests should run:
- have java code call the java interfaces that expose the REST interface
- have rest clients call the rest interface so that marshalling errors can also be caught?
The latter would probably require a running server.

  Heiko