Problems upgrading JMX plugin

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Thu Jul 21 12:10:04 UTC 2011

Edson,

> "corrupt the database" and I would have to perform a reinstall of the whole RHQ server. Simply restarting server and agent would not be enough. Talking to Mazz, he suggested that I nuked the database before redeploying, and that was what I did, using a fresh install for each test.

Which of course sucks.

> problems. The same is valid for adding/removing/renaming operations/metrics/services.

We did have an issue with operations that got renamed (which means the old one got deleted) when the operation had already a history.
I ran into that during the as7 plugin work and just pushed a fix to master (BZ 722898).
Also previously I ran into other issues, that should now be fixed in master.

> server would stop working. Apparently, some kind of corruption of the database would occur, preventing the whole server from continuing working and the only possible solution that I found was to reinstall the whole server.

If you see that happen again (perhaps after you upgrade to RHQ master), then please open a BZ with the stack trace(s) starting from the "deploying" plugin
message.

  Heiko

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Technopark II, Haus C,
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14, D-85630 Grasbrunn