SNMP plugin patch for handling SNMP notifications; testing for plugins

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Thu Jul 21 09:06:09 UTC 2011

Elias,

Am 20.07.2011 um 22:17 schrieb Elias Ross:
> Sorry to send this out again, but I was wondering if somebody could
> review the patch?

Sorry, I did not look at it earlier, but I was knee down in some other stuff.
I've created a BZ for this patch - I would have added you in CC, but BZ is too
#*"§$€@!! to let me do that.

Questions:
* Why did you ?

-            // SNMP v3
-            else if (pdu instanceof ScopedPDU) {
-                ScopedPDU spdu = (ScopedPDU) pdu;
-            }

* log.trace() should be guarded by a if (log.isTraceEnabled()) ( or better by some previously
initialized boolean) - as you do with log.debug()

Mazz: I think the polling interval is ok here, as it only means how often the PC goes out
to query the plugin for more events. It does not lower the interval for sending event reports
to the server.
As the plugin itself has a thread that gets called when an snmp trap comes in, and then just
adds the data to a vector, from where the poller then adds it to the internal queue to be sent to
the server, I wonder if the poll interval matters much anyway.

   Heiko

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Technopark II, Haus C,
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14, D-85630 Grasbrunn