Need clarification of workflow for content sources/repositories/packages

Steven North swn at ocsystems.com
Wed Jul 6 23:39:40 UTC 2011

OK, let me back up.  ;-)

What I am trying to do is move a zip file containing configuration
information back and forth from the server (or a client of the server)
to the agent plugin.  The configuration includes some properties, which
might be candidates for <resource-configuration>, but it also includes
some other files that are not suitable for display.  So, for now, I
wanted to treat the configuration zip as a single entity.  The only
mechanism I saw that supported both pushing and pulling files was the
content facet, so that is what I was trying to use.  It may be OK to
settle for a one-way interaction where the configuration is only pushed
to the agent, if necessary.

I looked at the indicated RHQ pages and read the JON Basic Admin guide,
but I still don't see how to use the content system appropriately.

But while rescanning the documents I see in the CLI Guide an example of
dealing with JBoss application JARs as resources and getting backup a
copy of the resource, so I think I will use that model because it more
closely matches what I want to do.

Thanks for the replies.

Steve