Wrap up

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Thu Jan 13 16:35:43 UTC 2011

Am 13.01.2011 um 11:55 schrieb Lukas Krejci:
> motivation for storing content in the database is the compliance Greg
> mentioned. I.e. we have to have a way of knowing exactly what the exact bits
> that went out of RHQ were. It is also important to mention that we do NOT

Well. (I don't want to bring that to the extremes) If you really want to know what
exact bits went out, you need to first upon insertion store them away (e.g. via trigger) into
a write once medium, that can not be tampered with afterwards. Bits in the DB could still
be modified by someone accessing the DB directly.
To check if content that we sent out is the same as expected, a hash could be stored in
the database and could be used for checks.

> Btw. it looks to me that our content source model is quite similar to that of
> modeshape's connectors. What about investigating the possibility of replacing
> our content manager and custom content sources with modeshape? We could get

I think investigating this is a good idea.

  Heiko
--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Otto-Hahn-Strasse 20, 85609 Dornach bei München
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München HRB 153243