remote calls statistics window

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Fri Feb 25 20:40:58 UTC 2011

Thanks to Joe's work on the stats collection for our gwt rpc calls, I
managed to build on that work and provided a way for you to see those
stats in a window - so as you poke around, you will have these stats on
a window in the UI letting you watch what backend calls are being made
and how long they are taking.

you can auto-refresh this stats window via the Refresh drop down.

And you can capture the results in a comma-sep. text to put in a
spreadsheet for later analysis.

There is nothing for you to configure and you don't need to be in dev
mode. Just go to #Test and navigate to the remote statistics option.
 From there, you'll see the stats view - click the "Show In Window"
button and you can now begin navigating the app while viewing the stats.
If the window gets in the way, you can minimize it.

Highly recommended to do this during development so you can see if you
are making lots of server calls and you can see which server calls are
taking the longest amount of time.