Thoughts on displaying 'Recent Package History' and 'Recent Bundle Deployments' on Group Activity page...

Simeon Pinder spinder at redhat.com
Thu Feb 24 18:44:29 UTC 2011

Hi All,

[Reposting. Apologies for the duplication]

  Finally made some headway with that annoying bundle criteria query.  Here's the weird display that I mentioned on this morning's call. Maybe weird is a bit harsh, but when we juxtapose the two sections reusing the Content Icon for both Bundle and Package elements it strikes me as a bit wierd.  See images 1 and 2 for what the empty display looks like and what the display looks like being a bit more populated.

>From a design standpoint the Package/Content system does share some overlap with Bundles so the fact that we share icons here makes sense, but all the other Summary regions have not shared similar information before.

What do people think?

When we convert this stuff to use customizable dashboards it will be even less of a problem as users will be able to choose which portlets to display and one would really only see this problem when opting to display both package and bundle info.  There are still quite a few conversations to be had about customizable Groups Activity region as we continue to build that out.

-Simeon