Replacing the old embedded ejb3 with something new?

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Mon Dec 19 10:57:07 UTC 2011

Hi,

as I was hunting down an issue with the tests, where the old embedded ejb3 is again swallowing the real issue,
I was thinking if we should finally address replacing that with something new like the ejb3 container from as6/7.
I think that has  been transmogrified since I last heard about it, so this would need some research,

While this would be a bigger effort shorthand, it could help us in the middle term, as we could get ejb3.1 and
3.2 support with it.

Also moving the test suite to a current version of ejb3, could help us with a potential move to AS7 as the
underlying container later.

Investigating how to bootstrap the new ejb3-test-container could also be a cool community project.

  Heiko