Alerts: woe is me...

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Fri Aug 12 10:19:16 UTC 2011

Steve,

Am 12.08.2011 um 07:19 schrieb Steven North:

> I was looking through the RHQ code and I found the OperationSender
> alert.  It looks like this example did exactly what I was trying to do,
> but apparently the wait code was commented out for some unspecified
> reason.  This doesn't seem too promising...

Can't tell at the moment.
When setting up an operation in general, we can supply a timeout
in seconds/minutes etc that we wait for before we consider the
operation as timed out. This is set to 0 in the OperationsSender,
which means "no timeout".

Could you post a code-snippet, so that we may get a better idea
of what you are doing and what may go wrong?

  Heiko

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Technopark II, Haus C,
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14, D-85630 Grasbrunn