Yet another question about ContentServiceRequests

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Wed Aug 3 18:39:21 UTC 2011

> We were managing a file for our tool as resource content.  We were able
> to retrieve the current file using the content service to retrieve the
> package bits.  When we would attempt to update the content by deploying
> new package bits, the attempt would fail due to errors on the remote
> host.  The problem we ran into was that we could not tell that the
> problem occurred, at least from our Java remote client.
>
> In poking around in the RHQ source I see that the JON UI gets access to
> the ContentServiceRequests so it can report the status of content
> updates.  Is there a way for a Java remote client to gain access to
> those records?  I see some of the unit tests do this, but they seem to
> directly access the transaction manager and entity manager.  Is this an
> "approved" access method or will going under the covers like this be too
> fragile to rely on?

Been a while since I was in that content stuff. But if there is
information in the database that is what you want but there is no
server-side/remote API that provides you access to it, write it up in a
BZ. Let us know the database tables/data you are looking at/need and
what API you think would help. Mention the exact test methods you are
talking about too, so we can look at what they are doing.