CreateChildResourceFacet.createResource(CreateResourceReport report) does not reflect children list automatically

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Fri Apr 15 13:23:36 UTC 2011

 > What value should be set to the resource key and resource name of new
 > creation resource? Should it be same as what
 > ResourceDiscoveryComponent.discovery() does ?

Yes! Specifically, the resource key is the important one. The resource
name is really just for display purposes, RHQ doesn't use the resource
name for any kind of identity. Its all about the resource key.

Make sure the resource key is unique across any peer resources (that is,
given any parent resource, all of its children of the same type must
have unique keys). Note also this doesn't mean the keys must be unique
across the entire inventory - just have to be unique for the parent.