StartTime options for GWT UI?

Jay Shaughnessy jshaughn at redhat.com
Wed Sep 1 20:33:53 UTC 2010

I've been working on adding Selenium integration into the SmartGWT-based
CoreGUI.  This involves adding a lot of explicit ID assignment to the
widgets.  The explicit ID's aren't necessary for general use but are
critical for automation testing.  Enabling the ID generation is also
useful during GUI development as a means of identifying DOM "leaks" and
errant rendering paths.

So, I want to have the ID generation off by default but easily enabled
with a startup property or option.  Does anyone know a good way to do
this with SmartGWT?  Today it's a compile time boolean setting, and
turned off in Master.

Jay