Dynamic Types

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Thu Oct 21 20:58:52 UTC 2010

That might not be a bad solution. This would be analogous to the way we
sync types now - the syncing of the plugins by the agent (prior to PC
startup) is essentially how we sync types today. The agent could (after
it syncs the plugins but before starting the PC) call a remote method on
the server to obtain dynamic types and serialize the types in /data. The
PC, on startup, would read in that /data file and deserialize those
dynamic types right after it reads the plugins' metadata (which happens
pretty early on in the PC startup). The dynamic types would be stored in
the same collection as the static types - so once the PC is running,
there would be no difference between dynamic and static types (in other
words, the PC probably would have no reason to know or care if a type is
dynamic or not - its just "a type" and that should be good enough).