Dynamic Types

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Thu Oct 21 20:37:55 UTC 2010

Am 21.10.2010 um 22:31 schrieb Heiko W.Rupp:

> Is there an (easy) way to reconnect the resources to the type once the type got re-discovered as described above?

Ah, I see near the end of org.rhq.core.pc.inventory.InventoryManager#mergeResource
            resource.setResourceType(fullResourceType);

            resourceContainer = initResourceContainer(resource);
        refreshResourceComponentState(resourceContainer, pluginConfigUpdated);

I guess this would mean to find the resource without type once the type is known
again and run those above lines. Or is there a better idea? Especially as it looks like
the information about that resource is lost when the first merge fails

    Heiko

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Otto-Hahn-Strasse 20, 85609 Dornach bei München
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München HRB 153243