adminstration>templates gwt replacement

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Mon Oct 18 15:33:14 UTC 2010

Sending this out to solicit comments/suggestions.

Today we have an old .jsp page that you use to peruse the resource types
in the system with the option to click a button to get to the page that
lets you add alert templates or metric templates (see attached jsp.png).

I am working on the alert template page stuff. But before a user can see
it they have to click something to get there. I need to therefore start
the gwt page for this "administration>templates" page (probably need to
rename that page now).

Today we have the start of some resource type tree - see attached gwt.png.

What's a good way to continue on that gwt page to get to what we need as
a replacement for that jsp page?

Is there a better way to do this entirely - what other UI ideas are there?