retrieving jmx tabular data

Bala Nair bnairtm at comcast.net
Tue Oct 5 15:35:43 UTC 2010

  We have a number of jmx enabled applications which expose "complex"
data types using the TabularDataSupport class in javax management.  This
allows them to define complex data as a key value hash and to add an
arbitrary number of objects of a specific "type" to a collection to be
monitored by jmx clients.  This data is all trait type data, not
counters.  We really want to show a snapshot of the current state of the
system.  We don't need a historical record.  I have looked through the
code and samples looking for an example of how to do this and so far
haven't found anything.  Is it possible to do something like this?

Bala Nair
SeaChange International