chart types discussion

Joseph Marques jmarques at redhat.com
Wed Nov 10 05:10:14 UTC 2010

The more information you provide, the better.  One example of each chart
you use would be great, along with a blurb that explains why and how the
chart is used in real-world operations.  In other words, it's more
useful to explain how you're interacting with the data to solve
problems, find root causes, and/or investigate variances within your
enterprise, than it is just to explain how the data is rendered.

Also, please provide your perspective on relative usage and relative
importance of each chart.  Importance aside, which charts do you tend to
use the most and why?  Frequency of use aside, which do you find provide
the most important data and why?

Thanks in advance.