[rhq] Branch 'gwt' - modules/enterprise

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Thu May 6 14:07:34 UTC 2010

(forwarding to the dev mailing list, keeping the commit mailing list for
the git emails only)

First, realize that this component isn't used yet - I only committed
this to save the code in case we need something like this in the future
(this code was ripped out of the BundleInfoStep class which we wanted to
delete because it isn't used anymore; now that I saved the code I wanted
to save, we can delete that InfoStep class now).

That said, I "hide" it because we aren't sure if we want to ship
multiple bundle plugins yet - and if we only ship one (the Ant one) I
didn't want to dirty up the UI and possibly confuse the user with this
"bundle type" selection. When this is the case, it isn't true that this
UI element sometimes shows up and sometimes not - in fact, it will never
show up. Only if we ship multiple bundle plugins (or if they deploy
their own bundle plugins), will they be given this menu option and in
that case it will always show up and never be hidden. In any case, I'm
not against showing it disabled if there is only one bundle type in the
system if people like that better, I just thought it was cleaner and
didn't show more information than what the user really needs to know.

But in the end, this stuff isn't even used right now, so its a moot
conversation at this time :)