Debuggign <onc:config>

Joseph Marques jmarques at redhat.com
Thu Feb 11 20:00:44 UTC 2010

On 02/11/2010 02:39 PM, Heiko W.Rupp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently working on gui snippet that has a<onc:config>
> It displays nicely, but I don't get the results back into my managed bean.
>
> What is the best way of debugging this?
>
> Thanks
>     Heiko

When I'm stumped and have exhausted all regular paths, I usually add
method breakpoints to all methods in all objects that I think should be
playing a part in the overall flow.  That way, I can step through each
and every call and see where things break.

Another strategy, if you prefer grepping logs, is to tweak the log4j
configuration file to turn on DEBUG logging for
"org.rhq.enterprise.gui.common.framework.PhaseTracker" - that will print
a message before and after each of the 6 standard JSF phases, which when
interlaced with debug statements in your managed bean code might help to
identify the specific point in the lifecycle when things start to go awry.

If your action involves some sort of navigation to other pages, you
could add a break point in
"org.rhq.enterprise.gui.common.framework.FaceletRedirectionViewHandler"
to see the viewId that your rules are triggering.  If the viewId isn't
what you expect, then you know you have an error in your navigation rules.

Let me know if any of those ideas help.