[rhq] modules/enterprise

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Thu Feb 4 19:15:18 UTC 2010

> Well, you can take a look at AgentCommandPrompt, but the syntax/usage is
> just a simple string today.  It might have been more complex, but we
> hadn't considered jline when the agent was originally written.  I'd
> confirm with mazz, but I think there is a value to adding a new method
> on the interface so that each command can be auto-completed with
> arguments (and the valid values for each arg).

There is no common syntax rules for the prompt commands today. This
agent prompt stuff started out as a debug mode thing for when I started
writing this years ago. Thus, the first few prompt commands were simple,
without the standard gnu getopts argument style. It has since grown and
I started using gnu getopt for the later commands, but the old commands
have not been retrofitted. So there is no common syntax.

so there is no hard and fast rules that are common across all. Unsure
what interface method we'd put on the prompt commands that would assist
with this.

That said, I think we have more important things to concentrate on than
auto-completion of prompt command arguments :) so I won't be working on
this. But it could be a neat task for someone out in the community to do
if they are interested in joining the cause. :}