New preview release of RHQ 4 available

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Thu Dec 9 16:24:03 UTC 2010

Hi,

we have just made a new developer preview release of RHQ available. This
release features a lot of changes and improvements in the UI, that is rewritten
in GWT.

Major new features:
	• Improved LDAP support
	• Default dashboard improvements
	• Improved Resource Inventory support
	• Breadcrumbs no longer used
	• I18N
	• New Help section: Docs from the www.rhq-project.org are now available directly through the app. The dashboard also links out to the site to gather links to the latest RHQ News. For information on www.rhq-project.org privacy policy, see here: http://www.rhq-project.org/display/RHQ/Privacy+Policy
	• GWT-based user and role edit views finished
	• Metric and Alert template views converted from JSF to GWT
	• Much improved MySQL plugin (by Steve Milidge)

More detailed release notes can be found here:
http://rhq-project.org/display/RHQ/Release+Notes+4.0+DP2

Please check out this release and give us as much feedback as you can.
Also we are very interested in getting more translations

The release can be downloaded from the link within the release notes

Thanks to everyone who contributed.
   Heiko (on behalf of the RHQ team)

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Otto-Hahn-Strasse 20, 85609 Dornach bei München
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München HRB 153243