detailed code review for delete-agent-plugin branch

John Sanda jsanda at redhat.com
Mon Dec 6 19:15:02 UTC 2010

On 12/2/10 11:41 AM, Joseph Marques wrote:

> commit 5fbc032760c132cfe2a23e0285574a89184ab91d
> Author: John Sanda <jsanda at redhat.com>
> Date: Wed Oct 20 21:19:55 2010 -0400
>
> The find child query also needs to filter on the deleted flag for
> child types
>
> * ResourceTypeTest.assertDeletedTypesIgnored(List<ResourceType>)
> should provide a better
>   error message upon failure, perhaps specifying the name of the type
> that was not marked
>   as deleted to indicate to those reading the test failure messages
> what went wrong.
It might be useful to include in the error message any deleted types
that are in the list, but I think the key is that the assert method name
is self-documenting. Whether I am running the tests locally or on
hudson, when I see assertDeletedTypesIgnored at the top of the stack
trace, I immediately have an indication of what the failure is about.
Couple that with each test method in ResourceTypeTest testing only a
single query, and the name of each test method providing sufficient
context to indicate which query is under test, the time someone has to
spending figuring out what and where the error is will hopefully kept to
a minimum.