Mounting using OpenLMI

Jan Safranek jsafrane at redhat.com
Thu Sep 18 09:17:16 UTC 2014

On 09/18/2014 10:35 AM, Ramesh Nachimuthu wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I am trying to mount a disk using OpenLMI through WBEM(using YAWN CIM
> Browser). I am calling the method *"LMI_MountConfigurationService ::
> CreateMount()". *It mounts the file system successfully, but it doesn't
> put an entry into /etc/fstab to make it persistent. I tried with
> parameter "Mode=1" as well as "Mode=2". But no help. Is creating the
> entry in /etc/fstab is supported? if yes please point me to some doc links.
>
> I am following the doc at http://www.openlmi.org/agent_storage_mount-model

Hello Ramesh,

as the page says, it's just draft of our mounting design. What was
actually implemented is documented at
http://www.openlmi.org/sites/default/files/doc/admin/openlmi-storage/latest/usage-mounting.html
and fstab editing is currently not implemented. It will be addressed in
a future release, however it will take some time to implement it -
blivet library we use for storage management does not support it.

Jan