Comments on OpenLMI documentation overhaul

Jan Safranek jsafrane at redhat.com
Thu Oct 9 12:56:42 UTC 2014

On 10/02/2014 04:25 PM, Michal Minář wrote:
>> > STORAGE Command
>> >
>> > It would be helpful to start out by identifying the commands that
>> > provide information on storage vs. those that can modify storage.
>> > The storage list, show, and tree commands display information.
>> > These are likely to be the starting point for using the storage
>> > command.

I'll try to do something about it.

>> > Under LUKS mention that this is the encrypted file system.
>> >
>> > Under THINLV and THINPOOL mention what thin provisioning is and how
>> > it is used.
> I'll leave this up to Jan S.

This is a command manual. It tells _how_ to use the command, not the
details behind. 'man parted' won't tell you what's a partition, only how
to create/delete it, 'man lvcreate' won't describe a logical volume,
only how to create it.

In the provider part, which is more descriptive, I'll add a link to LVM
docs, the most appropriate seems to be:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Logical_Volume_Manager_Administration/LVM_components.html

Jan