New QuickStart guide

Tomáš Smetana tsmetana at redhat.com
Tue Mar 25 08:56:48 UTC 2014

On Mon, 24 Mar 2014 15:19:19 +0100
Jan Safranek <jsafrane at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 03/24/2014 02:41 PM, Tomáš Smetana wrote:
> > Hi,
> >   I have copied and formatted Russ' QuickStart here:
> > http://www.openlmi.org/node/62
> >
> > It should be less verbose and more up-to-date. Please review the new text
> > and once I stop receiving complaints and update requests I'll replace the
> > old QuickStart with this one.
>
> It looks much better than the older one. Just few remarks:
>
> - A link to generic overview (with a picture!) would be helpful.

One more thought to this one: We need some nice, easy to understand overview
of the project (with pictures!).  And it belongs to the openlmi.org front
page.  I would really like it to contain:

- The project introduction with one sentence
- A nice picture of the components and their connections
- A link to the Quick Start Guide
- List of the providers with links to usage examples and API documentation:
  one line of text per provider
- A link to a page with links to more specific or related information
- Nothing else

Regards,
--
Tomáš Smetana