RFC: Firewalld provider model

Radek Novacek rnovacek at redhat.com
Thu Aug 21 14:30:36 UTC 2014

Hi,

I've been recently working on design of OpenLMI Firewalld provider model.
The model is loosely based on firewalld API but adjusted to provide CIM-like
look&feel.

Note that firewalld API is fairly complex so there might be some
adjustments in the model as I will write the provider itself.

Design document:
https://rnovacek.fedorapeople.org/openlmi-firewalld/v1/html/design.html

MOF file:
https://rnovacek.fedorapeople.org/openlmi-firewalld/v1/60_LMI_Firewalld.html

The model is not yet fully complete, for example indications, lockdown,
panic mode and reconfiguration are not there yet. Some of them will be
added in the future (indication support), some needs to be evaluated
whether they're useful to have at all.

Suggestions and comments are welcome.

Radek Novacek