'lmi -v' should report success

Jan Safranek jsafrane at redhat.com
Thu Apr 24 15:57:03 UTC 2014

Greetings,

some time ago we agreed that 'lmi' metacommand should not report any
success, just like most of Unix/Linux tools (e.g. mount /dev/sda1
/mnt/test).

However, with 'lmi -v', the command should print what it actually did in
short one-line summary, say 'Created partition /dev/sda1'

Code-wise, you don't need to deal with parsing '-v' on command line, lmi
metacommand does it for you. Just simply log it:

    LOG().info("Created partition %s", p.Name)

Could we please make it happen? I don't want to write tickets to all
components, I it's just tedious and I'll probably spend more time by
filling tickets than actually fixing the scripts.

Thanks in advance

Jan