A provider for publishing Management Controller (Service Processor) information

Praveen_Paladugu at Dell.com Praveen_Paladugu at Dell.com
Thu Oct 31 21:39:37 UTC 2013

Thought I would have some information to get on this by now. I have a lot more information (than I expected) to sort through and will need quite a bit of time to sort through :(.

I don't want to hold back this effort any longer. For now let us proceed with implementing a generic class like "BMC_ManagementController". If we (Dell or other vendors)  see a need to a have different class with attributes named differently or extend the attributed for BMC class, we add a new class by inheriting the BMC_ManagementController class.

I am guessing the primary source for populating the BMC information will be IPMI? Putting together the information from Russ and Klaus, following seem to be attributes we want to capture:
* BMC manufacturer, make, model, revision, and firmware level.
* BMC IP address
* BMC URL
* Protocols Supported (This might be tough, will have to check if this info is exported via IPMI)

Some more properties looking at the iDARC Class

*         Fully Qualified Domain Name, if applicable

*         LANStateEnabled or Disabled?

Any thoughts?

Thank you
Praveen K Paladugu