LMI_NASProtocolEndpoint code

Radek Novacek rnovacek at redhat.com
Wed Oct 9 11:26:42 UTC 2013

On Wed 09 of Oct 2013 16:31:33 ganesh kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  We are implemented "NAS Network Ports" profile, Started with
> ProtocolEndpoint class, we implemented "LMI_NASProtocolEndpoint" class,
> please review our code.
>
> And also i have some doubt, How to add a condition when ever NFS process
> runs it has to create an instance in NASProtocolEndpoint class, what logic
> should i use?

Hi,

I understand the SNIA NAS Network Port Profile quite differently. I believe
that there should be one instance of LMI_NASProtocolEndpoint for each NFS or
CIFS share in the system, not for each network port. This
LMI_NASProtocolEndpoint instance should be associated with existing
LMI_NetworkPorts through DeviceSAPImplementation.

May I ask if you're intending to submit your work to OpenLMI project? If so,
please make the NAS provider an individual provider in the openlmi-providers
repository (not part of networking provider). You can still depend on classes
from networking provider, but we believe that this provider shouldn't be part
of the networking provider itself.

We would be glad to include your contribution into the OpenLMI Project once it
will be conceptually and formally correct.

Radek Novacek