RFC: use PG_ComputerSystem instead of Linux_ComputerSystem

Jan Safranek jsafrane at redhat.com
Mon Oct 7 08:54:00 UTC 2013

> Do I understand correctly that this will be effectively an
> internal-only change (from the perspective of people consuming only
> OpenLMI interfaces)? i.e. tests written against openlmi-storage or
> openlmi-account wouldn't need to be updated?

Good question. All SMI-S use cases start with 'Find CIM_ComputerSystem
representing the storage system' and 'find services XYZ using UVW
association'. In reality, I doubt anyone finds services and other useful
objects this way - at least in our scripts we just directly enumerate
LMI_XYZService instances, there is no need to traverse through
CIM_ComputerSystem.

If we take our scripts as example usage, the change to PG_ComputerSystem
won't break anything.

Jan