Gaining mindshare

Steve Pritchard sjpritchard at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 23:19:35 UTC 2013

I've been thinking a lot about how a project like OpenLMI grows
mindshare in the user community. One obvious marketing channel is
technical (e-)books, which can greatly enhance the (perceived)
legitimacy and awareness of a particular technology. Companies like
Packt (I have no affiliation, btw!) are prolific publishers of open
source technology books - if someone is willing to write it and it's of
sufficient quality, they'll publish it.

It might be worth thinking about in future as OpenLMI matures, even as a
joint effort (since finding the time to write it would be the biggest
challenge). I can't imagine there would be much money in it, but it
would give OpenLMI a boost.

Just a thought.