ANNOUNCE: Starting long-maintenance git branches.

Jan Safranek jsafrane at redhat.com
Wed Nov 6 14:59:52 UTC 2013

With the latest release of OpenLMI we would like to begin to maintain
certain releases for a while longer. How long? We don't know. It may be
one week, it may be several years. We plan to fix bugs in this release
as long as we find it appropriate for our use. Anyone can step in and
help us to maintain these packages longer!

'Maintenance' here means that we will open new branches in our git
repositories for continued development and just apply bugfixes to this
current release. We might also ship new bugfix releases from it. All
this maintenance is in 'best effort' mode with no guarantees, we
appreciate any help or suggestion.

Also, we might open several of these long maintenance branches in
parallel. Feel free to suggest opening a new one, but be prepared to
share some of the maintenance burden on them :).

Of course, we will continue to to develop and release new packages with
new cool features in parallel with any maintenance releases, just as we
do now.

Current long maintenance branches:

openlmi-providers: branch '0.4-fixes', based on 0.4.1 release
openlmi-networking: '0.2-fixes', based on 0.2.1 release
openlmi-storage: branch '0.7-fixes' based on 0.7.0 release
openlmi-tools: branch '0.9-fixes' based on 0.9.0 release

Jan