OpenLMI-Networking Fedora 19 status

Radek Novacek rnovacek at redhat.com
Thu May 16 13:32:42 UTC 2013

Hi,

I've checked planned features for OpenLMI-Networking for Fedora 19 and this is
where we're now:

What works:
* Bring up/take down an interface
* List current configuration (IP addresses, default routes, static routes, dns
servers)
* Create connection (create connection, set its properties) for IPv4 and IPv6
* Modify connection (changed some setting of the connection)
* Delete connection
* Activate connection - immediately or for next start

What is missing:
* Bonding
* Bridging
- NetworkManager doesn't currently handles this options well, sometimes the
connection fails, I've even encountered NM crash. But NM developer are working
to improve the situation. Nevertheless the NM API is there and I'll at least
make the provider ready, but it won't be in F19 beta.

Radek Novacek