Patch review for OpenLMI

Jan Safranek jsafrane at redhat.com
Tue Mar 19 08:47:24 UTC 2013

To sum up discussion in this thread and on IRC:

  * The Review Board instance on https://reviewboard-openlmi.rhcloud.com
    is broken, some javascript is missing and cannot be used.

  * We tested repositories on https://github.com/openlmi/

      * 'Pull request' interface is usable, but when someone wants to
        send new version of a patch, he/she must do so in a new branch
        and create new pull request. (it's fine for me).
          o He/she *must not* push to the same branch, otherwise
            comments of the changed patches are lost without any
            notice/email.

      * Sending emails from github is suboptimal, especially sending
        copy to the mailing list. If I remember correctly, we would need
        to add dummy user with email address of the list.

So, we can either wait for fixed ReviewBoard, start using GitHub or use
plain emails (kernel-style). Any opinions?

Jan