Review Request 458: prototype CIM<->PCP bridge

Frank Ch. Eigler fche at redhat.com
Mon Jun 17 16:03:45 UTC 2013

Hi -

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 05:55:43PM +0200, Roman Rakus wrote:

> [...]
> >If we use PCP bridge directly we're going to lose object-level
> >compatibility with CIM schema. [...]

> It could be doable as enhancement and it shouldn't brake any
> compatibility. But I'm not sure if it has any gain.

As regards to general PCP, the possible gain from is easy access to
the hundreds of new metrics made available to the tooling; another is
a reduction is code duplication; portability.

Another angle is the ease by which these metrics can be logged &
replayed.  The proof-of-concept doesn't demonstrate this, but it would
not be hard to define e.g. sibling CIM classes that, instead of
returning the live data, returns an array of historical data samples
from a local archive.

- FChE