RFC: Script development

Tomáš Smetana tsmetana at redhat.com
Wed Jun 12 10:44:05 UTC 2013

On Tue, 11 Jun 2013 16:52:51 -0400
Jan Safranek <jsafrane at redhat.com> wrote:

> - we should introduce some 'lmi' metacommand, which would wrap these
> command line tools, like 'lmi vgcreate mygroup /dev/sda1 /dev/sdb1' and
> 'lmi ip addr show'. It's quite similar to fedpkg or koji command line
> utilities.
>
> - 'lmi' metacommand could also have a shell:
> $ lmi shell
> > vgcreate mygroup /dev/sda1 /dev/sdb1
> > ip addr show

Hm... Interesting. This idea came up already before -- we were talking with
Jan Synacek about something like virsh (this is a better inspiration since
koji or fedpkg always connect to the same remote end).  We need some easy way
to tell what host, credentials, namespace, etc... use for the command.

Regards,
--
Tomáš Smetana
Platform Engineering, Red Hat