RFC: Profile Registration in OpenLMI - generically

Jan Safranek jsafrane at redhat.com
Mon Jul 15 10:20:47 UTC 2013

On 07/15/2013 11:24 AM, Michal Minář wrote:
> I would rather strive for more portable solution. This is imho too much
> Pegasus-oriented.

Yes, it is, I think that's the easiest way to get SLP working. It's
possible to implements and inject similar classes to SFCB in the same
way, it just requires larger MOF files with profile registrations, as
SFCB does not support much classes in root/interop.

> What I'm missing here is the storage for API version of our providers.
> Either we'd
> have to encode it into some String variable like InstanceID, ElementName
> or Caption or use a RegisteredVersion property, which should contain
> DMTF version of implemented
> profile - another deviation from standard.

The version of API is not in CIM_RegisteredProfile subclass, but in
PG_ElementSoftwareIdentity, which describes *implementation* of the
profile and is associated to CIM_RegisteredProfile.

And it is free form string. ElementSoftwareIdentity has properties like
MajorVersion, MinorVersion and RevisionNumber, but from some reason they
are not filled. Maybe it's a bug in Pegasus, which could be fixed.