RFC: Profile Registration in OpenLMI - generically

Jan Safranek jsafrane at redhat.com
Mon Jul 15 08:56:44 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have alternative proposal how to do profile registration using Pegasus
native classes.

Advantages:
- no new provider needed
- automatic SLP

Disadvantages:
- Pegasus only

As I reported in another email in this thread, it's enough to:

1. extend our openlmi-register-pegasus to add version into
PG_ProviderModule instances. E.g.:

$ openlmi-register-pegasus -v 0.5.2 < *.mof

2. extend openlmi-mof-register:
  2.1 to accept version on command line and pass it to
openlmi-register-pegasus
  2.2 to create instances of PG_ProviderProfileCapabilities, e.g. by using:
  $ openlmi-mof-register register-profile myprofile.mof

Question is, if the profile registration should be directly Pegasus mof
file or some other file and openlmi-mof-register would create a Pegasus
mof file from it.

3. update our rpm packages to register/deregister profiles

Jan