Version in MOF files

Jan Safranek jsafrane at redhat.com
Mon Jul 1 14:05:21 UTC 2013

Hi,

we're reaching a point where we should report a version of the API in
MOF file.

Version is 3-component, i.e. X.Y.Z.

No API changes are allowed during .Z releases, i.e. you may add new
functions, add parameters to functions, add properties, add classes, but
existing application must run without problems.

When Y is changed, API can be changed (property/function renamed/deleted
etc.). Still, you do not _need_ to change the API if the release is a
major step forward without any API breakers.

The version should be bumped in MOF files only if appropriate class is
changed. I.e. when you release X.Y.Z+1 version, you do not need to
change all MOF files, change the Version qualifier only in the changed
classes.

Is there any volunteer to write simple API checker, which would compare
two set of MOF files and report changes?

Jan