ANNOUNCE: openlmi-storage 0.5.0 released

Jan Safranek jsafrane at redhat.com
Fri Jan 18 16:59:28 UTC 2013

I am pleased to write that OpenLMI Storage provider ver. 0.5.0 has just
been released.

Grab it at
https://fedorahosted.org/releases/o/p/openlmi-storage/openlmi-storage-0.5.0.tar.gz

openlmi-storage has been rewritten from scratch. It is not backward
compatible with older releases.

It includes extensive documentation full of examples included, both for
SMI-S gurus and for common Linux administrators without any SMI-S
knowledge. Snapshot of the documentation is available at
http://jsafrane.fedorapeople.org/openlmi-storage/api/0.5.0/

While we cannot guarantee that the API won't change in future, we are
pretty confident its concept is stable and it should be only _extended_
and not _rewritten_. Still, the software is still considered  for
pre-production testing and not for production use.

As part of the release, new test suite is introduced. See test/README
for details.

Jan Safranek