OpenLMI Quickstart Installation Instructions

Michal Minář miminar at redhat.com
Fri Dec 6 13:08:42 UTC 2013

Hi Russ,

I like it. Just a few observations:

     > The OpenLMI client is still under development, and may need to be
     > installed in pieces. If installing openlmi-scripts doesn't work,
     > try:
     >   $ yum install openlmi-tools
     >   $ yum install openlmi-scripts*

     I don't see a possible scenario where installation of
     openlmi-scripts fails while installation of 'openlmi-scripts*'
     succeeds. I'd just mention that there are many client libraries
     available in separate packages, and can be listed with
         $ yum search openlmi-scripts
     To install of them
         $ yum install 'openlmi-scripts*'
     could be run.

     > You don't need to install the OpenLMI client on managed systems
     > (in fact you shouldn't)

     I'd drop the text in brackets. I see no reason why anyone should
     avoid installing them on managed system. Most of my development and
     testing happens on managed system.

     > The openlmi-scripts files may still be in the updates-testing
repository

     I think it's safe to remove this line.

Best regards,
Michal