SFCB/Pegasus patches to prioritize Pegasus installation

Tomáš Smetana tsmetana at redhat.com
Thu Aug 22 14:33:17 UTC 2013

On Wed, 21 Aug 2013 09:08:54 -0400
Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh at redhat.com> wrote:

> openlmi-server (normal set of providers for all servers):
> tog-pegasus
> openlmi-storage
> openlmi-networking
> openlmi-software
> openlmi-account
> openlmi-realmd
> openlmi-service
>
> openlmi-enterprise (comprehensive providers and discovery):
> openlmi-server
> openslp
> openlmi-fan
> openlmi-hardware
> openlmi-logicalfile
> openlmi-powermanagement

I would rather see a distinction of "server" (CIMOM + providers + SLP server)
and "client" (tools + python client development libraries). Also having more
metapackages wouldn't solve the problem much: Either we would need to
document which packages to install for a particular use-case or which
metapackages to install...

Regards,
--
Tomáš Smetana